VIRTUAL RUN - MELISSA’S PARK ROAD RACE
You’re invited to the Virtual Melissa’s Park Road Race taking place from September 25th to October 12th, 2021. Run by yourself or with friends and family - you can run whenever, wherever - run on a treadmill, around your neighborhood or any course of your choosing. This is your opportunity to have a run goal, stay healthy and receive all the amazing race day goodies. You will have your own finish line, but you won’t be alone! You will be connected together with the spirit of Melissa’s and Banff National Park.
WHAT YOU GET:
Famous Melissa’s Technical Long Sleeve Running Shirt (with artwork from renowned local artist)
Special Edition Finisher’s Medal
Virtual Beer Gardens! A voucher to be used for a visit to Banff Ave Brewing Co.
Motivation to stay on track, stay healthy and complete your goal
Personalized Souvenir Race Bib!
Personalized Finisher’s Certificate
Chance to win great Draw Prizes
Social Media Contests and Photo Ops
Event Updates with Training Tips, Articles and more
Choose from the 3 Distances that the event offers (5K, 10K, or Half Marathon)
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Register for the Melissa’s Park Road Race Virtual Run
2. Train for your goal distance!
3. Instructions - You will receive a detailed instruction email 24 hours prior to the start of the Virtual Running Window (September 25th to October 12th, 2021) with specific links and codes needed for your Virtual Run.
4. Race Bib - Download your personalized Melissa’s Park Road Race Bib (instructions will be included in the e-mail you receive prior to the start of the Virtual Running Window).
5. How to Upload Your Results - You will need to upload your run results with verification to be counted in the Virtual Run. You have 3 choices of how to do this which you should review in advance of your run. Please see “How to Upload Your Results to Verify Your Run” following these instructions.
6. Run! Complete your run between the virtual window of September 25th and October 12th, 2021. Your distance can be completed at any time during this period. You can run on a course of your choice whether it is on the road, trails, track, treadmill, or wherever you want (please abide by local health authority and traffic guidelines).
7. Social Media - We want to see your whole experience! Take lots of photos so we can share your race day pictures. Please tag your photos on Instagram with:
8. Upload your results! Participants must use RunGo or submit GPX /Photo verification to be included in the results. Results must be submitted by October 13th, 2021.
9. Check the LEADERBOARD for your results, finish certificates etc.
10. Race Shirt and Medal - Once you have completed your run, we will send you instructions on how to receive your official race shirt and special finisher’s medal.
11. Prizes - We will also hold contests with great prizes so keep a watch out on the Melissa’s Park Road Race social media pages.
12. Any issues or questions regarding your TIMES or RESULTS? Please email:
HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR RESULTS TO VERIFY YOUR RUN
You will need to upload your run results with verification to be counted in the Virtual Run.
You have 3 choices of how you can do this:
1. RunGo APP
Startline Timing has partnered with RUN GO for an AMAZING virtual race experience.
Step 1: Get the FREE RunGo app. If you already have it, please update to the latest version to ensure you are getting the most up to date virtual experience!
Step 2: Open the MELISSA’S ROAD RACE (5K, 10K, or HALF) ROUTE in the app, or click on the corresponding link for your distance, which will be included in your Pre-Race email.
Step 3: Run the Route - you can choose VIRTUAL mode (on the actual route or anywhere you are), or use INDOOR mode on your treadmill
Step 4: At the end of the run, after you have pressed STOP, look for
> “Share Your Run”
> “Submit to Virtual Race” and select MELISSA’S ROAD RACE.
This will seamlessly add your run to the Startline Timing results page within a few minutes.
Step 5: Check the LEADERBOARD on startlinetiming.com for your results, finish certificates etc.
2. Garmin / Strava / Other Tracker
To use your Garmin, Strava or other run tracking device verification please follow these instructions:
Step 1: Click the unique link provided in the Pre-Race email that you will receive before the Virtual Running Window opens.
Step 2: Enter your times and distance, and attach GPX file:
Step 3: Check the LEADERBOARD on startlinetiming.com for your results, finish certificates etc.
3. Photo Evidence
Use the exact steps as Option B (Garmin/Strava/Other Tracker) but when you enter your times and distance, you will attach a JPG file (photo) showing a device that verifies that you have completed the prescribed distance of your event (5k, 10k, or 21.1k). This could include a picture of a device showing your distance such as your smart phone, fitness tracker, treadmill, etc.